Thursday, July 10, 2008
Quick Update
Yesterday afternoon I went into the city with a friend in search of my very own set of majiang. It was much more of an adventure than we had anticipated. The cab driver didn't exactly drop us off at the precise place, so we had to wander and I had to use broken Chinese to find where to go (unfortunately I have not yet learned directions). We finally found the place and after a long conversation with the owner, who had very stale cigarette breath, we made our purchases and were on our way. I'm brining the set home, obviously, so everyone is going to have to learn how to play it. It is quite fun and very, very addicting. My first afternoon I didn't understand it, but by that evening I was already playing. This evening a few of us are taking a bus out to the Hua Shan Mountains (see last entry). It should be great. I'll write about it when we get back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment